We will live through much.

"Rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor- such is my idea of happiness."

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

run away go find a lover. run away let your heart be your guide

Gender: biological or social conditioning? I say social conditioning, but Google isn't that simple. If you type it into Google, it just gives you links to places that use medical terms and really smart words. It is not helpful.

I have decided that for me to become a better writer I should take it less seriously. When I write I am too technical, so when I write it doesn't flow out of me as it should. I know I want to go to college to take English and writing classes so that I can get a job that involves exposing people to classic and innovative books or writing sarcastic, political columns in a well-known magazine.

One of my biggest fears is to be 35 and filing papers at a job I hate. So, naturally, I want to figure out exactly what I want to do with my life and work on perfecting it. But everyone says that there is no reason for me to be worrying about that now. I disagree. If I don't start now I may fall behind. I need to be smarter. Not necessarily book smart, but to be able to watch the world news, understand what they are talking about, and be able to make my own inference.

I have no idea how to balance a check book, drive a car, or interact with people I don't know. I think I should be able to do these things before I grow up.

Oh my..I do worry a lot.

Have you ever listened to Wildflowers by Tom Petty? You should.
I think I belong among wildflowers. Somewhere so far away you can't hear anything but the wind and birds. Where you can breath real fresh air. Somewhere no one could find you, so your in perfect, sweet seclusion until your ready for human contact. This place only exists in my head; it's a nice place to visit.

No comments: