We will live through much.

"Rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor- such is my idea of happiness."

Monday, February 9, 2009

think happy thoughts.

While I was getting clean I started thinking, because I do most of my thinking in the shower, about everything that makes me feel good, and happy.

If you'd like to know what makes me feel better after a crappy day read this.

1. Watching movies. Ever Friday and usually every Saturday, me mom and dad watch a movie we haven't seen before. I really enjoy it and look forward to it all week. I would rather watch a movie in my living room, on my couch than in a theater with a bunch of rude people.
2. Really long baths. I let my ADD run wild during my 40 minute bath. I think up books I could write, pictures I could take, people I could be during those 40 minutes. I plan my evening around my bath time.
3. My mother's scent. Her smell is intoxicating, it's perfect, it's Channel #5. I love smelling her clothes before she leaves for work or when she gets home, it's comforting and makes me feel secure.
4. Car rides with Daddy. When I'm in the car with mom I usually talk a lot, and talking is tiring. But with Dad we just listen and sing along to to the radio. That has always been something we do together, sing.
5. Singing along with Norah Jones and Led zeppelin. I feel really good about myself when I match the pitches and tones of Norah's bluesy voice and Plant's "twirly" notes.
6. Snugleing with mom. I really like getting in bed with my mom and watching Law and Order till I'm about to fall asleep. I also like getting up at 10:00 and getting in her bed, since dad is usually up by 9:00.
7. Watching T.V. with Mom and Dad. I just really like being with them. I would rather set in the living room with them than be on Myspace.
8. Hanging out with friends. As long as everyone stays happy, a night with my friends really makes me feel great.
9. Watching that 70's show. I usually don't laugh out loud when I'm home alone, unless I'm watching that 70's show. It really really makes me happy.

No comments: